Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthday Cards Class


This Thursday I am having a Birthday Card Class. I am very excited. I made 2 masculine cards, 2 feminine cards, and 2 child's birthday cards. They all turned out so nicely.




This card was my first Masculine one for the bunch. I used the DSP Beau Chateau, cut it into 1 1/4 inch squares and rounded the corners opposite of each other. The card base was done in Cajun Craze, with a piece of Whisper White on top and Happy Birthday from Curly Cute stamped in Cajun Craze. It's not overly masculine but it's manly enough that a guy would (I think) appreciate it.



This is the second Masculine card of the bunch. I cut the base of the card from Cherry Cobbler, long ways 11 by 4 1/4 and folded it so the crease was on the left side. I added a piece of Whisper White on top cut to 4 by 5 1/4, and added a small Cherry Cobbler strip cut to 1 inch by 4 1/4 inches. The last bit of paper added was the beige and white stripes from Pocketful of Posies cut to 4 by 3/4 in. I then stamped the birthday selection from Delightful Dozen on the front in Cherry Cobbler.


Sadly I cannot take full credit for this card. I got the main idea of it from Pinterest. I used the flowers from the Sale-a-bration set Fresh Vintage. The crisp look of the black in the white made this a very elegant card. I stamped the Happy Birthday from Elementary Elegance and then punched it using the Curly Label punch. I then added it to the front. Crisp clean and beautiful.


This the second feminine card that I created. I used a 1 by 5 1/2 inch strip of each So Saffron, Pool Party, Concord Crush, Melon Mambo, and Pear Pizzazz paper, and scallop punched the edge of each. I adhered them to the front of a Whisper White card base and stamped Happy Birthday from Create a Cupcake in Pumpkin Pie.

This is one of the child's cards that I made for the group of Birthday Cards. I used one of the pennants from Pennant Parade and made it into an ice cream cone using Early Espresso ink, I then used the cupcake top from the Create a Cupcake stamp set and used 3 different "ice cream" colors to make a tall cone. Added the cherry on top and adhered the white onto a piece of Pool Party. I took the Whisper White card base stamped Happy Birthday from Create a Cupcake in Melon Mambo and ran it through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Embossing Folder. I finished by adding the ice cream cone to the front.


For the last card of the bunch I made a River Rock base. I cut a piece of Whisper White and punch 4 1 1/2 inch circles from Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, Real Red, and Pumpkin Pie. I then punch 2, 3/4 inch circles from each of the colors as well. I placed them about in a pattern I liked, stamped the corresponding color star (from Pennant Parade) and stamped the sentiment Wish Big from Pennant Parade and ran the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots plate. I adhered it to the top of the River Rock base and it was all done!

These are the 6 cards that we will be making on Thursday!




No comments:

Post a Comment