Saturday, February 18, 2012

Free Class Thursday!

I have been trying to do, once a month, a free class for all of my wonderful Stampin' Up! Customers! We usually make 3 cards and 1 3-D project (usually involving some kind of chocolate!) This month was a little bit more difficult for me to come up with wonderful projects that my girls would love to make. I finally used some unconventional materials and different card layouts and came up with a wonderful array of projects for them to make. I think they turned out quite fabulously!!

Our first project used Poppy Parade, cut to 3x5. I then scored it at 2" and 3" so that I had a 1" base in the middle to add 3 Hershey Hugs for our 3-D project. I stamped the flowers all over the paper using the Create a Cupcake stamp set. For the top I scallop circle punched a piece of black paper. I punched the corners with the ticket corner punch, adhered the black scallop, put 2 holes in it at the top and then tied a black ribbon through them to make it look like a small clutch purse!


For our second card of the night we used a certain a la carte stamp that fits perfectly well with what is currently trending, Many Mustaches! I bought the stamp and could not figure out what to do with it. Since it comes with 4 mustaches on the stamp, it was difficult to come up with an original minimalistic idea for a card. But I cracked it! I used Pear Pizzazz cut to a half sheet of paper (5 1/2 x 8 1/2) then folded it in half. I then cut a piece of Whisper White to 4 x 5 1/4 and stamped the mustaches in Early Espresso to the left of the piece and then the word "Hello" from Elementary Elegance (a wonderful new Sale-a-bration set!!). Simple and still fun!



The next card was fun to play around with. I used 3 different stamp sets to achieve this next card. It takes a little while for me to come up with fabulous new ideas for cards because I only have a few current stamp sets that I can use for Stamp Camps! But that's beside the point, lets get started with this one! I took a piece of Pool Party, cut it to 4 1/4 x 11, scored it at 5 1/2. Folded it. I took the word window punch (and now pay attention to this!!) I flipped it over, and lined it up on the front bottom left corner of the card so that the paper was flush with the bottom cut line, and it wouldn't cut the leftmost curve of the punch. I then repeated these steps on the right side, only difference is I didn't cut the rightmost curve. This will leave you with a small catch for a closure. Flip the card and make a punch with your word window for your catch to slip into so that your card will close. Punch it in the middle of the bottom-most section of the card about a 1/4 of an inch from the bottom. NOW! Since the card base is all ready to go, its time to make the layers and stamp! Cut a piece of Real Red 4 x 4 7/8, and adhere it to the Pool Party card, next take a piece of Whisper White and cut it to 3 3/4 x 4 5/8. Now here is the fun part. Take the small pumpkin from Jack of All Trades, ink it with Real Red and stamp it about a half an inch from the top of the Whisper White paper. Next take the dotted cupcake bottom from Create a Cupcake, ink it in Soft Suede, and stamp it about an inch from the bottom of the Whisper White. You want to make sure that you have enough room for your greeting. Take your Pool Party marker, and draw 4 lines connecting the Balloon to the basket of your hot air balloon, take the curly vines from Jack of All Trades, ink in Pacific Point and make a line across your balloon. Finally ink the word Congratulations from Curly Cute, in Pacific Point and stamp it at the bottom. Adhere your White to your card and Voila! You are finished!


For our final project of the night we made a very lovely Birthday Card. I used Whisper White as the card's base, cut a piece of Basic Gray to 4 x 5 1/4 and used the Big Shot Embossing Templates to emboss Elegant Lines (or Swirly Doo's as I called them all night). I used the Create a Cupcake punch and punched out an Early Espresso base, and a Blushing Bride top. I stamped the sprinkles in Blushing Bride on the frosting of the Cupcake, and adhered them to the bottom right hand corner of the card. Next I stamped "Happy Birthday" from the same stamp set in the open spot in the upper part of the card. I did this in Basic Gray. On the inside I stamped "There's something special about your birthday, must be you." Again, your card is finished :)

If you liked any of what you have seen here you can order Stampin' Up! products through me at hilaryreid.stampinup.net. You can also order these cards already made by finding me on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/pages/HER-Cards/104257022283

No comments:

Post a Comment